Dental Health Group is currently looking for a dental hygienist on a contractual basis with the potential for it to turn into a full time position. Interested applicants should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (905) 336-8157.
Dental Hygienist Job Description
Performs dental measures designed to preserve teeth and prevent the spread of oral disease by performing the following duties.
Oral examinations, treatment planning and continuing care exams.
- Periodontal scalings (manually or by cavitron).
- Polishing (slow speed handpeice or prophy jet).
- Fluoride treatments, placement of pit and fissure sealants.
- Charts conditions of decay and disease for diagnosis and treatment by dentist.
- Radiographic exposure, development and interpretation. Panorex experience.
- Makes impressions for study casts.
- Places and removes rubber dams, matrices, and temporary restorations.
- Provides clinical services and health education to improve and maintain oral health of patients
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Patient Care – Manages difficult or emotional patient situations; Responds promptly to patient needs; Solicits patient feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively in patient charts; Varies writing style to meet needs; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Judgement – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and dental supplies properly.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
Education and/or Experience
- Dental Hygiene Certificate from College.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Abeldent software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Dental Hygiene Certificate
Other Skills and Abilities
- Intraoral camera and Velscope experience. Knowledge of how to use a digital x-ray system.