If you regularly head to your dentist for checkups — you do come in for checkups once a year, right? — you’re already well aware that your dentists and dental hygienists wear many hats. But both can do much more than simply keeping your teeth in working order, whether that means cleaning them, filling cavities or doing major surgery. In fact, the dentists at DHG are seasoned experts when it comes to giving you a smile you won’t be able to stop flashing around to everyone you see. It’s called cosmetic dentistry, and it can truly make a big difference in your life. Let’s take a look at just what cosmetic dentistry is, who it’s for, and why you might want to ask your dentist to put together a plan for you. Read more
Be honest, are you thankful with the color of your teeth? In most cases, people say no to this question because they might have yellow or slightly blackened teeth. It is actually quite hard to have and maintain your teeth white these days, especially if you are a very busy person. Luckily, teeth whitening treatments are increasingly effective, affordable, and can give you a bright white smile! You should give it a try someday and experience some amazing changes in your life, as the ones described below.
1. Get an image boost. White teeth simply look stunning and if you also have a wide, brilliant smile then you will be able to melt hearts and turn heads instantly! If you are thinking about making an image change in the future then start by whitening your teeth because you will never go wrong with this option.
2. Regain your confidence. Every good or bad change you do in your life will automatically influence your self-esteem too. By whitening your teeth, you will feel much more confident in your own forces and you will love what you see in the mirror every day! In addition, this type of confidence will follow you wherever you go and it will improve many aspects of your life.
3. Teeth whitening is excellent if you have an important job interview. You probably have prepared and waited for this interview for a long time and now you finally have the opportunity to prove what you are capable of. If you also whiten your teeth then your image will be stunning and you will pleasantly impress your employer even before you say “Hello!”. Your conversational partner will understand that you care for little details and he will trust you more.
4. Teeth whitening can also improve your social relationships. It is all about confidence and how do you feel when speaking with someone new. If you are thankful with yourself then you will radiate positive energy and everyone will want to be around you. By whitening your teeth, you will eventually be able to make more friends quicker and even improve your interpersonal skills as well, simply because you are more confident and secure.
5. Highly recommended if you smoke or drink a lot of coffee. As you know, smoking can considerably blacken your teeth in the long run and the coffee, black tea and sodas have a similar effect. If your teeth are not the whitest ones in the world thanks to these habits then still, you shouldn’t panic. A professional teeth whitening service can “erase” stains and other teeth imperfections, no matter for how long you have been a smoker or a passionate coffee drinker.
Also, you might be happy to know that unlike teeth whitening kits you find on the market, a professional teeth whitening service is also very effective and long-lasting as well. If you have more questions related to this amazing cosmetic dentistry service then give us a call today and we will gladly speak with you. Our professionals also offer affordable teeth whitening services, giving you the possibility to possess the smile you have always dreamt of!
Regardless of your age, you need to have excellent teeth for an attractive smile. Our aging parents and their very old parents however accepted the now unaccepted idea that they would have no teeth when they grew old. They generally accepted the now very embarrassing moment when kids, for example their grandchildren asked why teeth were floating around in a mug by their bed. They also accepted that they would sometimes chase the dog around the house when it snatched the dentures and ran off with them. This is all quite embarrassing, we all agree!
Fortunately, the above scenario has changed for the better as people no longer have to accept having bad, falling dentures or no teeth as they grow older. Advances in cosmetic dentistry have made it possible for people regardless of their age to keep their natural teeth for a lifetime and keep them attractive as well.
Why should you give cosmetic dentistry a consideration as you get older?
Diversity in cosmetic dentistry improvement products and procedures:
There are a number of different techniques that can be used to make permanent or semi-permanent improvements to ones natural teeth. This means you don’t have to live with missing, crooked or stained teeth or even receding gum lines these days as there are a number of ways to mend or reverse the situation. Teeth improving products and processes include advanced whitening, implants, acrylic veneers, porcelain crowns, bonding procedures and the likes.
Improved and healthy teeth and gum:
To start with, good looking teeth normally indicate that your gum and teeth are healthy, sometimes your overall health. Recent studies have shown that unhealthy teeth can lead to a number of systematic diseases, Alzheimer and heart disease included. Having rotten teeth is not only embarrassing, but it lowers people’s self-esteem in later years.
Long lasting results:
Yes, you can forestall a number of aging signs for example by having a face lift, hair coloring, Botox injections and the likes, however, all these do not last for ever. However, properly done cosmetic dentistry gives permanent results. Simply put, well done teeth will last you the rest of your life while here on earth.
A perfect smile:
This is among the main advantages for having your teeth done properly by a qualified and experienced cosmetic dentistry practitioner. Who isn’t attracted by a beautiful smile? To have this smile for the rest of your life, you will need to let an experienced dentist to immediately take care of signs of teeth trouble.
In conclusion, if I were to choose a part of my body to constantly have fixed, I would go for my teeth. Yes, though sometimes a huge financial investment, I will still choose to have my teeth fixed as need be. The good looking teeth and great smile justifies the costs. To say the truth, the resultant confidence and self-esteem that result from having perfect teeth is the ultimate benefit. This is quite something quite priceless and that should be enjoyed by all regardless of the age bracket.
Teeth are naturally white. However, it seems that there are a lot of kids these days which have discolored teeth. If you have some kids, then there is a big chance that they have discolored teeth. Well, here are some tips to help whiten them:
• Teach them to brush regularly
Dental health is important even in early childhood. Kids have to be taught how to brush their teeth and you have to make sure that they do it regularly. Poor dental hygiene is the number one cause of teeth discoloration among kids. Make sure you use a good whitening tooth paste. Of course, regular brushing should always be followed by flossing.
• Minimize fruit juice consumption
One thing about kids is that they really love to drink fruit juices. These drinks are sweet and flavorful and kids like that. However, most fruit juices contain food coloring and this could cause some nasty stains on their teeth. You might want to encourage them to drink water, milk, and other beverages aside from fruit juices from time to time.
• Avoid letting them drink hot beverages
Drinking hot beverage is something nice to do especially during very cold days. However, it should be noted that hot liquid could open up the enamels of the teeth. If your kids love to drink hot water frequently, their teeth would degenerate at a faster time. Make sure the drinks are cool enough for consumption.
• Let them use whitening strips
There are a number of useful products being sold in the market which really help whiten teeth. These include whitening strips. Make sure you get the ones which have been approved by the official dental body in your area. These strips are lined up with special gels which help whiten teeth and improve teeth health. They might be costly but are very effective.
• Have infections or diseases treated
Sometimes, teeth discoloration is not caused by anything that is put into the mouth. Rather, it is caused by some infection or disease. Make sure you have your kids treated for any condition that could be causing teeth discoloration. Some of the infections and diseases that could cause that include jaundice and various types of heart diseases.
• Let them gargle hydrogen peroxide
Hydrogen is a cheap and very effective solution for teeth discoloration among kids. This antiseptic which is commonly used to treat wounds should be gargled for about a minute before brushing the teeth. Sometimes, people combine hydrogen peroxide with baking soda. Hydrogen peroxide is safe to gargle but make sure your kids rinse it out.
• Improve their diet
There are several foods which could aid in whitening the teeth. Some examples include apples, carrots, and celery. Biting into these foods can help eliminate surface stains. Also, they could help produce more saliva in the mouth, which is, by the way, very effective in maintaining good oral hygiene.
Dental Health Group is a company you could rely on when it comes to cosmetic dental services such as tooth whitening. Not only could we whiten the teeth of your kids but your teeth as well. We can make sure our clients have great smiles that they could be proud of.
Very often, the first thing that others notice is a smile. Ironically the majority of us also confess that we keep our mouths closed when we smile. We are embarrassed by our teeth. Here is the truth in four small bites about placing the tooth back in the smile.