Here are a few points to consider when choosing a new dentist:
– Is the dentist accessible? Is the office far away? Were you able to make an appointment at a convenient time?
– Does the office have a pleasant, orderly atmosphere? Are the staff courteous and concerned?
– Are you given a thorough, careful examination? Do the dentist and staff explain techniques and procedures?
– Is prevention important? Does the dentist/hygienist discuss oral health and home care? Are records kept up to date of your medical and dental history?
– What arrangements are available for emergency service?
– Is there a designated staff person to discuss fees and payment plans?